With COVID-19 continuing to impact tourism around the world and certainly in Lethbridge, the Lethbridge Lodging Association (LLA) is thrilled to continue the We’re Desperate for Attention campaign by adding two new exciting Spotlight Rooms
Two of the original five rooms will also continue, and one will be closed. The line-up of Spotlight Rooms, available for booking until March 31, 2021, are as follows:
The Glow Up Room at the Sandman Signature Lethbridge Lodge.
Curling Hot Shots at the Holiday Inn Lethbridge.
That 70s Room at the Wingate by Wyndham.
Rub a Dub Dub in the Tub at the Best Western Plus Service Inns & Suites.
The Spotlight Rooms function as interactive pop-up studios, perfect for photo-shoots that will be fun for individuals or families. The design of these colourful and entertaining rooms naturally lend themselves to being shared on social media, which will help ensure that the campaign, and Lethbridge, are talked about far and wide. Information on how visitors and residents can access these rooms is available on VisitLethbridge.com.
Safety, as always, is top of mind. Electrostatic handheld disinfectant sprayers are used to instantly sanitize each room after every visit, using one of Health Canada’s recommended hard-surface disinfectants with evidence against COVID-19. In addition, all COVID-19 protocols regarding use of the rooms will be followed.
An overnight stay at any of the participating hotels will include complimentary access to all four rooms. Locals can also visit the rooms for a nominal price, with funds being donated to the Lethbridge Food Bank.
The contest announced in November is also being extended until the end of March. Visiting the Spotlight Rooms and sharing the resulting photos online will automatically enter social media users in the contest. All of the details can be found on VisitLethbridge.com.
For further comment please contact:
Shilpa Stocker, Project Coordinator
Lethbridge Lodging Association
Sacha Johnson, President
Lethbridge Lodging Association
- Visitors are responsible for bringing their own camera and/or photographer.
- Following COVID-19 protocols, no more than 6 people will be allowed in one room at a time.
After each 20 minute visit, the handheld disinfectant sprayers will be used by hotel staff prior to the next group arriving.
- Booking a night at participating hotels for $89 will include access to all five rooms across the city.
- For locals or others not staying in a partner hotel, each Spotlight Room can be booked for $5 each, with proceeds going to the Lethbridge Food Bank.
Visitors to the Spotlight Rooms are encouraged to share their photos on social media (Instagram, Facebook, and/or Twitter) to be entered to win a prize package:
- 2 nights at one of the participating hotels (the winner can choose).
- A $100 gift card to a local restaurant of choice (Moxies, Water Tower Grill, Tony Roma’s, Firestone Restaurant & Bar, or Italian Table).
- A $100 shopping card to Park Place Mall.
Every image posted and properly tagged will provide a single entry, and you can enter as many times as you like! Each unique upload will be entered into a randomized draw that will be made on January 15, 2021.