Add to Favorites
Experience pure relaxation with a meditation class outdoors in the scenic Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden!
I Love the Smell of Zen in the Morning! ($30/class)
Experience the practice of Zazen, described by Dogen, a great Japanese Zen master, as “the gate of ease and joy”. Over the 40 minute period, we will do two 10-minute periods of sitting Zazen, broken up by 10 minutes of Kinhin (walking meditation) in the garden. Aaron will provide a brief instruction to the practice for those who are new. Participants should arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of class and meet your instructor at the Nikka Yuko Visitors Centre.
Know Before You Go:
- As we are following all COVID protocols, classes are limited to 10 people, therefore all participants must register online up to one hour prior to the start of the course.
- Walk-ins will not be allowed at this time.
- Masks are required while inside our Visitors Centre or tea pavilion.
- All participants will be asked to maintain a 6 foot distance from other guests not from their household.
- Guests are provided with a cushion (sanitized before and after use), but may request a chair if they prefer. You may also bring your own cushion or yoga mat to sit on.
- This class is outdoors only and may be subject to weather cancellations. In the event of a cancellation, classes will be rescheduled and refunds offered for those who cannot attend the new date.